"If you can count the number of projects you have going , you need to begin another, so you have a varied range of complexity from the very simple 'mind-less' ones to those that demand undivided attention." (Laura Early).

Pages

Copyright: The Stitchin' Chicken

Please do not copy/reproduce any content of this blog without permission. Thank you.

Friends who read

Monday 23 May 2011

I Am still here.

Hi everyone , no I haven't deserted the land of blogging ,though it seems like ages since I posted . I have been reading blogs , just not got around to doing anything on my own.
Most of my stitching of late can't be shown for a while as it's for exchanges and gifts , though I do have a few bits to show and more in the pipeline .
After the ladybugs, I stitched Roo , twice , for a Disney babies quilt.

I was originally doing Baby Donald and Daisy , but I just couldn't get a proper feel for the charts, despite wanting to do them.

I recently received my last issue of Cross Stitcher magazine (for the foreseeable future at least). After reading the mag for over 15 years ,and for a lot of that time considering it to be the best of the British stitching mags , I cancelled my subscription.They changed the format of the magazine last year , and I decided to give it until Christmas to see if I could get on with the new look. Just after Christmas , I decided I didn't like it and after a couple of weeks , I canceled .Unfortunately , I'd just paid for another quarter ,and they don't refund , they just send the issues that you're owed , so this is my last one.

It is no longer a cross stitching mag . I know we are all experimenting with different finishes etc ,and it's nice to get new ideas , but not for the whole magazine and not when it changes it so completely . I have to say , that none of the issues I received after my decision to cancel did anything to change my mind . It's quite sad really.

Anyway , the free kit in this issue was a fox , which I quite liked so decided to stitch it . The aida that came with it was horrendous , not cut straight and it wouldn't have been straight even if it was cut straight , so I used a square I had in my stash.

Then I opted to do it again in slightly different colours , lol. They have been claimed by the kids now .

I have started a new small project , so I'll be back with pics soon , and also to show some pics from our recent days out .

Thanks for dropping by . hopefully normal service will now be resumed , lol .

Cath

12 comments:

Fiona said...

lovely finishes Cath, I love roo so much, he's one of my favourite WTP characters (tigger & piglet are the others) and I agree with you about the new format cross stitcher, its a shame really as the mag was so good before they changed it but oh well, saves me an extra £4 a month which I can spend on stash instead!!

Lesleyanne said...

I know what you mean about the magazine I cancelled my subscription last year. Lovely finishes. Look forward to seeing your new start.

Christine said...

Great finishes on the two Roo squares.
Those little foxes are sweet, I thought about changing the fabic on mine and stitching it over 1 to make a brooch

♥ Nia said...

That little fox is really adorable =) I want to stitch that pattern too but I'm still waiting for the issue to arrive here.. takes a little longer to Portugal :p

I enjoyed the first couple of issues after the new look but not so much these last few =/
I think it's getting to far from what it used to be...
My current subscription goes until October/November 2011 so I'll wait to see how it goes for the rest of the year anyway ;)

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Cath
Glad to know you are still out there. I am still here too but not blogging much either. Love the Roo Squares and the cute fox.
Lindsay
x

Melanie said...

I just cancelled a knitting magazine this year for that sort of thing. It just wasn't...........fun to read anymore. :(

Hazel said...

That's a shame about the mag. I stopped getting it years ago and only a couple of months ago got a copy and was quite impressed with it. I actually liked it but I understand for the people who don't. Great finishes. x

mdgtjulie said...

Love your foxes, and your Roos. Everything looks great. Sorry about your mag. Sometimes they try changes that don't work out, and other times the changes are good. Hopefully, they will see that they're losing subscriptions and change back!!

Rhona said...

Love your little fox finishes. Haven't seen Cross Stitcher since it changed (it's way too expensive here!) but have been following the opinions of the new style mag on facebook. Have to say it seems that the majority of people are disappointed with it.

Siobhán said...

What super cute finishes! I saw a fox in my yard last week--I was so excited. Then I saw another fox this week, running in front of my car, carrying a RAT in its mouth. Thankfully that was a bit further off from my house. Yikes!

Anonymous said...

I love Roo!!! My favourite Winnie the Pooh character along with Lumpy.
Lovely finishes. I like the colours you used the second time you stitched the fox.

I have to say the cross stitch magazines are going down hill at the moment. I used to get at four of them when I first started, but now I only get one. Such a shame...

Sally said...

Cute little finishes Cath!

I've not bought any UK cross stitch mags for years now. I didn't like much in them!