"If you can count the number of projects you have going , you need to begin another, so you have a varied range of complexity from the very simple 'mind-less' ones to those that demand undivided attention." (Laura Early).

Pages

Copyright: The Stitchin' Chicken

Please do not copy/reproduce any content of this blog without permission. Thank you.

Friends who read

Monday 3 October 2011

Birthday Season

Well , I can now share with you a couple of my secret stitches that were for birthday gifts.
First off it was Laineys' birthday last weekend , and knowing her love of sheepies and purple , I was well chuffed a few months ago when I came across the perfect chart for her.
You may recognise it , LHNs' Lavender Hill . I really enjoyed stitching it ,and will have to do it again at some point for me ,lol.
I was planning on making it into a pillow , but didn't have enough stuffing , and they didn't have any in , where I usually get it from , so came up with this instead.
A tote type bag , in lavender fabric. I'm pleased to say that Lainey likes it .
The day after Laineys birthday , it was Auntie Janes' at SFPSFC , and this chart was just crying out to be stitched for her. It's from the "Children of Southern Roots" chart book , and the little girl with a teddy and blanket just said what we do in the charity group so much. As I was on a roll , I made this into a little bag too .
Then , it was my birthday !
Lainey sent me this lovely mag ,
And this fantastic pillow . I just totally love this to pieces , and it is so well co-ordinated with the trims etc .
And here it is with a couple of other lovely hand made gifts from special friends. Love my new kitty , and the boys aren't even a little bit jealous , lol.
I also got these two fab books from my Husband and friend .

And I treated myself to this I have found a few charts that I like , but on first impressions, I don't think it is as good as last years issue.

Mostly , I got money for my birthday , so I've bought some fabric to make Spooky Row into a wall hanging , and now I'm on a stash hunt ,so look out for some yummy stuff heading this way soon .

Thanks for dropping by ,

Cath

20 comments:

Julie said...

Belated birthday wishes

Lovely bags you have made for your friends, so useful and wonderful

Jane said...

Belated birthday wishes Cath xxx
Oh, just love your tote bag gifts, great idea and something different ~ the matching lavender fabric is gorgeous!
Look forward to your stash indulgence and your Spooky Row wall hanging, which reminds me to get my one out of the box.
Have a good week xxx

Mouse said...

oooo lovely pressies both given and received .glad you had a good day and hope you find your fabric too :) love mouse xxxx

Lynn said...

I love the totes which you've made! They're very sweet.
All of your birthday gifts are wonderful. That pillow from Lainey is gorgeous! It makes me smile.

Carol said...

What nice bags for Lainey and your Aunt :)

Hope your birthday was a special one--you sure got some lovely presents!

Christine said...

Lovely gifts both sent and received

Rhona said...

Love your stitching (both pieces) and the little tote bags came out wonderfully!
Your little pillow is soooo adorable, great colours!
Hope you had a great birthday and enjoy the new stash!

CalamityJr said...

What lovely gifts! The bags you made are great - who can't always use another tote?! And the birdie pillow you received is adorable. Happy belated birthday. Enjoy your new goodies!

Lana said...

Great stitching! And you really made out like a bandit with your birthday gifts!! Nice!

Patty C. said...

Wonderful gifts - I hope you enjoyed your birthday -
Your bag is just lovely - Great job on picking the pattern & on the finishing !!

Hazel said...

Happy Birthday! Love the little totes you made and Lainey's gift is gorgeous as well. Glad you said that about the ornie edition mag as I was thinking the same thing and have been umming and ahhing over whether to get it or not. I think I will skip it this year. xx

Sally said...

Happy Belated Birthday Cath! Lovely birthday gifts.

Your bags are gorgeous. There's no wonder Lainey loved hers.

I get my JCS mag via my newsagent but having looked at it on Anita's blog I was thinking it maybe didn't look as good as other years. I'm still going to get it as it's a regular order I have.

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Month! The bird pillow is adorable!

♥ Nia said...

Happy (belated) birthday sweetie!!! I hope you had a great day, I can already see you had lovely gifts :D
And your gift for Lainey is also very pretty :) Congrats!!
Hugs&smiles to you!!!

Siobhán said...

Happy belated birthday! You got some lovely gifts and made some lovely gifts! Great job!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Cathy
A belated Happy Birthay from me.
I love the tote bags you made recently, such lovely stitching deserves to be seen everyday and those bags certainly will be used lots.
Love the cute chicken your friend stitched too.
Hope you are having a good weekend.
Lindsay
x

Pumpkin said...

So you're the one that made that bag! Very well done Cath and I know Lainey was thrilled with it :o)

Happy (belated) Birthday! Looks like it was a good one!

Gill - That British Woman said...

a very belated Happy Birthday to you, I may get my mam to bring me that magazine when she comes over at the end of the month.

Gill

Kathy Ellen said...

Just discovered your blog today! Hope that you had a wonderful birthday. I love the darling tote bags that you created, and the chicken pillow is so cute too!!

You must be so busy with two very active children. I remember when we were raising our three boys and daughter. Never a dull moment, but my stitching was my treasured special time just for me when life was crazy!!

Carissa said...

A belated happy birthday to you, it looks like you got some lovely gifties. I love the tote bags you made. Were the bags premade or did you sew up the bags also? What a great idea for my mother in law for Christmas!