"If you can count the number of projects you have going , you need to begin another, so you have a varied range of complexity from the very simple 'mind-less' ones to those that demand undivided attention." (Laura Early).

Pages

Copyright: The Stitchin' Chicken

Please do not copy/reproduce any content of this blog without permission. Thank you.

Friends who read

Monday 2 January 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!

Hope everyone has had a good start to 2012 .
Ours could have been better , my little lad is not very well again . He had a rotten throat just before and over Christmas, just got over that to start with earache. Not sure if it's infected or not , so we may be going off to the doctors' tomorrow if it's no better.
No stitchy goodies for me this Christmas , me and hubby only got each other a couple of token gifts with things being tight , we mainly spent on the kids , but I did get some money from other family members , just not sure what I'm going to spend it on yet ,lol.
So , I have a few finishes to show now that they have been received .
A friend asked me to make her a scarf a while back , then asked if I could make a hat to go with it . I'd started to knit the scarf in chunky white with pastel flecks , and she asked for cream , lol, so I decided to do both. The colours are not obvious in these pictures though .
These were my first attempts to make adult sized hats , they could have been better , but thankfully my friend liked them both .
I also stitched her these little kitties as part of her Christmas gifts . A also got around to sending out (rather late) my blogoversary gifts to Dawn and Jane , and both have been received . I knitted a little red and white stocking and made beaded scissor fobs. I also included a pair of scissors (not shown) . Sorry I was so late ladies ,things have been very up and down here of late . A few people were wondering what I was going to make with those knitted strips , so here it is , a paper chain scarf , just to be different ,lol . I had almost enough strips left over to make two smaller ones for the kids , just need to knit a few more strips . They thought it was cool . I have to show you a lovely gift I did get for Christmas . My best friends Mum - in - law made me this lovely scarf after I admired one she'd made for herself .
This picture really doesn't do it justice , it is gorgeous, and in my favourite autumnal colours too . Love it. Lastly , this is what I'm stitching on at the moment , hopefully a finish soon . So , looking back at my aims for last year , I managed to complete a massive...... one. Ah well, the best laid plans and all that .
I completed 67 stitched pieces , 40 of which were for charity.
I knitted 4 adult size scarves , 4 kids scarves , 2 teddy scarves (got to include them , lol ) , 2 adult hats , 8 baby hats , 8 pairs of bootees , 1 teddy and 3 stockings.
I also read 100 books.
This year , I just want to stitch and enjoy my stitching . I would like to finish my WIP/UFOs , but we'll see .
Thanks for dropping by ,
Cath

9 comments:

Topcho said...

Happy New year! Looks like you had a pretty good crafty year, stitching and finishing so many items! Love all of your last works, especially the chain scarf, so awesome XD I wish you a great year and hope everyone stays healthy :)

Lesleyanne said...

Everything is gorgeous. Love the beaded scissor fobs. Look forward to seeing yuor stitching in 2012.

Lainey said...

Aww Cath I;m so sorry to hear you have a sick boy I hope he gets better real soon.
Your knitting needles have been busy, great gifts , those cats are so cute!
Here;s to a better 2012 for us both, promise I will email you soon, hugs x

Colleen said...

Happy New Year, Cath! I love the knitted scarf & hat and the kittens! Your friend is surely excited about the lovely gifts you made. The scarf that your MIL made you is awesome. Love the colors. Would love to know how she made it.
Enjoy your stitching!

Mouse said...

ooo that was a lot of knitting and cute paper chain scarf :) love the kitties and the beaded fobs too :) wishing you a very merry stitchy new year :) love mouse xxxx

♥ Nia said...

Happy 2012 Cath!!!! May this year bring you lots of happiness and joy, luck and health! May all your wishes come true!!! Wish you the best my friend =)
Those scissor fobs are very pretty :)
hahahah cool idea for kids!! :D
Good progress on your Tatty Teddy :)
hugs&Smiles to you

Sally said...

Love the hat and scarf and those kitties are so cute!

Those fobs and stockings are gorgeous.

Melanie said...

Happy New Year!!!!!!
Everything is super cute!! Just love love love the kitties. :)

Melody said...

What a productive year you had. You put me to shame. I think my book total was around 56 or so. Haven't. Tallied up stitchy finishes.... Congratulations to you!