"If you can count the number of projects you have going , you need to begin another, so you have a varied range of complexity from the very simple 'mind-less' ones to those that demand undivided attention." (Laura Early).

Pages

Copyright: The Stitchin' Chicken

Please do not copy/reproduce any content of this blog without permission. Thank you.

Friends who read

Monday 10 November 2014

Round the World Blog Hop

Thanks to Gaynor for asking me to join in with this . This is the first time I have joined a blog hop .

So , to my questions .
1)  What am I working on ?

 Well ,as usual at the moment it is a square for Love Quilts UK . This time it is a label for a named quilt , but I often do general squares for named quilts or any child squares which are used as spares or to make up emergency quilts.
 (My current WIP)



 Love Quilts UK make quilts for children with life-long or life-limiting illnesses. Each quilt uses 12 or 15 cross stitched squares . Each square is made and sent in by volunteers and each quilt is put together by other volunteers. The group is run on donations and the quilts are given to the children with no cost to the families .

2)How does my work differ from others of its' genre ?

Well, I guess as it is for charity rather than for me or family or friends . I often stitch pieces that I would otherwise never get the chance to stitch , and even some themes that I'm not too keen on stitching , but it is what a child has requested .
(Recently finished label)


3) Why do I create what I do ?

 I love the idea of being able to make ill children smile and give them comfort . I get to stitch a lot of designs that I like but would not normally stitch and then donate them to someone who will love them . It doesn't get much better than that .

4)  How does my creativity process work ?

When a child is accepted to receive a Love Quilt , a theme is chosen by the family and is put on the sign up board a while before you can sign up to stitch a square . This gives you chance to hunt out charts and find the perfect design that you want to stitch. Then comes the waiting and stalking of the site to see if you can get a much coveted slot on that quilt. It doesn't always happen and sometimes it is disappointing , but there are always more children and more quilts , so you soon look to the next one .
  Stitching for Love Quilts UK is very rewarding and also quite addictive as a lot of our members will testify . But , every stitch is worth it .
(Recently completed any child square)


 I will ask you to go to Rhonas' blog next week to read all about her lovely stitching and designing .

I have also asked Bekca and Barb  if they would like to join in , but haven't heard back from them. If you are reading this ladies and wish to join in,please do so.
Thanks for reading ,
Cath









4 comments:

Vickie said...

I continue to be so impressed with your commitment to this. God bless you for blessing so many little souls.

cucki said...

Beautiful post my dear xx

Hazel said...

That's a lovely post Cath. You have inspired me to stitch an any child square which is what I am currently working on. I hope it will be okay. xx

KimM said...

What a beautiful post. Lovely commitment for creating these quilts. I know they bring much joy.
hugs
xxx