"If you can count the number of projects you have going , you need to begin another, so you have a varied range of complexity from the very simple 'mind-less' ones to those that demand undivided attention." (Laura Early).

Pages

Copyright: The Stitchin' Chicken

Please do not copy/reproduce any content of this blog without permission. Thank you.

Friends who read

Saturday 2 July 2016

I'm a centurion !

 Kind of ....
   today , I completed my 100th square for Love Quilts UK. Pretty good achievement if I do say so myself , especially after a stressful time dress shopping with my gorgeous daughter . ~She leaves primary school in three weeks time , and they are having a prom. Personally I think it's a bit much at age 11, but there you go. Anyway , she now has the option of two dresses , two pair of shoes , one handbag and make-up. Boy they grow up too quickly nowadays.
 Anyway , back to the stitching, first I have to show you number 99 ,lol.

 I tend to stitch in colour blocks , so took pictures of the different stages


 And here it is all done .
 And now for the big 100 !
 I have stitched this one before , but Superheroes are in such big demand at the moment , over 15% of the kids on the lottery waiting list want Super hero quilts , that's over 40 quilts at 12-15 squares per quilt ,a heck of a lot of Super heroes ,lol.
 I have a feeling I may stitch this one yet again at some point .
 Heading in to the less stitching time of year , end of school year and summer holidays means more kiddy time, so not sure when I'll be back , but I will.
 Thanks for dropping by ,
 Cath

7 comments:

Daffycat said...

These are great blocks! Congratulations on reaching 100...so awesome!

Vickie said...

Number 99 is definitely more me, but number 100 is fantastic!! :D

Julie said...

Congratulations Cath on 100 blocks that is a great achievement for the charity stitching.


Our charity knitting group have been knitting things for the local health visitors to use, not sure if I dare to blog what it is (we're knitting breasts!)

Justine said...

Congratulations Cath on a fantastic achievement for a good cause too! I love the heart stitch, and I'm sure my sons would love the batman one!

Lana said...

Congrats on #100!! Those are both beautiful finishes!!

Mii Stitch said...

Congratulations on the sweet finishes :)

KimM said...

Congrats on 100! Quite a milestone.
xxx