"If you can count the number of projects you have going , you need to begin another, so you have a varied range of complexity from the very simple 'mind-less' ones to those that demand undivided attention." (Laura Early).

Pages

Copyright: The Stitchin' Chicken

Please do not copy/reproduce any content of this blog without permission. Thank you.

Friends who read

Wednesday 15 May 2019

Stitching

With everything going on , I needed some stress reliving stitching but I found it hard to concentrate so went for some easy block colour charts.

   I loved doing this as a sign up for Love Quilts , adding my own twist by using variegated floss.
 Was so excited to finish this
 Then when I finished this I realised that I hadn't done the back stitch on the previous one ,
 So ....
 Nice and easy





 Not sure what I will do with these at the moment. If my daughter wants any of them turning into something , that will happen but they are more likely going to be any child squares for Love Quilts .

   I got some stash !  Love these charts by Cottage Garden Samplings and will definitely be getting more. Quite sad that they call for Weeks Dye Works threads though as it would work out quite expensive . Still debating whether to save up or just bite the the bullet and stitch using DMC
 I ordered these just before Mothers Day , so they became part of my gift as as usual , hubby left it far to late to organise things for the kids.
The "new" threads are for this chart. I have started it but not gotten very far , will try and get pics next time.
   I am also doing my own thing for Stitch Maynia , but I will post about that at another time. Let's just say that enforced sick leave is doing wonders for my cross stitch ,lol.

  Thanks for dropping by ,
 Cath

7 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

Love your finishes, the colours on your 1st photo are beautiful.

Marilyn said...

Great projects.
Love those Dragonflies!
Take care.
Marilyn

Gill - That British Woman said...

I love the first picture, it "talks" to me if you know what I mean?

Vickie said...

Well done on so many Love Quilts pieces! I do admire the new Cottage Garden Samplings line very much.

Barb said...

Well there is at least one good thing about being ill! You have some some lovely squares. You are still in my thoughts and prayers!!

Julie said...

Lots of pretty little crosses you've been putting into these projects.
Stitching is so therapeutic in stressful times.
I'm sure i've seen a conversion for WDW somewhere, sometime? Perhaps you could look online and try to find one, they are so expensive here in the UK.
love and blessings x

Astrids dragon said...

I'm so glad you have stitching to help you relax, you've got some great pieces for the Love Quilts.
I love the chart from Cottage Garden, I'm not sure I've seen that one before. Sometimes on those charts I use DMC and only use WDW for the bigger areas - in that one, definitely the flowers!