"If you can count the number of projects you have going , you need to begin another, so you have a varied range of complexity from the very simple 'mind-less' ones to those that demand undivided attention." (Laura Early).

Pages

Copyright: The Stitchin' Chicken

Please do not copy/reproduce any content of this blog without permission. Thank you.

Friends who read

Monday 1 February 2010

Squirrel and a quaker tree

This weekend has been one of the nicest in a long while.
Saturday we decided to go on a tramp around the local(ish) woods in the morning and really enjoyed it . It was cold and frosty but really nice to be out in the fresh air , just relaxing and chatting about stuff. This little fella didn't look too impressed though.

We decided to make a bit of a day of it , and went to the Golden Arches for lunch (McD's) as a special treat for me and the kids. My husband has had far too many whilst on the road for him to consider it a treat lol. Then we went over to a friends in the afternoon , so most of the day saw us away from home.

Yesterday we went to town as my Daughter has outgrown her car seat ,and we really wanted to get a new one. Ended up getting two as they had a special deal , BOGOF , so my Son is set up for his next one in a few months too.

Then we took the kids to Toys R us to spend their Christmas money , so they have had a very good weekend.

Last night while re-watching Survivors (my husband missed this weeks episode so we put it on iplayer) , I managed to finish my Quaker tree. I really love this, I'm thinking of making it into a cushion, but not totally decided yet.

I think I might end up doing more like this . In fact I fancy making a cushion front with just this pattern , but that will be in the quite distant future, I have so many things I want to do. I need to make a list of the things I'd like to get done this year really , but there is so much it's hard to narrow it down , and I've found I don't really like sticking to lists and deadlines too much. I prefer to stitch what and when I like . but , I think a few easy goals could be ok.

Thanks for dropping by ,

Cath

6 comments:

Ginnie said...

Pretty Quaker tree. We had McD's over the weekend too..... nice treat!!

Mylene said...

Beautiful colour you have used for the quaker piece. Love it!

Lainey said...

Love the tree Cath, look forward to seeing what you stitch next.

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Cath
It was a lovely bright weekend here too. Glad you enjoyed some outdoor time with your family. Your quaker tree looks beautiful. I think it would look great as a cushion front just like you suggetsed.
Lindsay
x

The Button Witch said...

Absolutely love the tree and thanx again for the 40th b/day card I love it Hugs Shellie

Michelle said...

The Quaker Tree is lovely!