"If you can count the number of projects you have going , you need to begin another, so you have a varied range of complexity from the very simple 'mind-less' ones to those that demand undivided attention." (Laura Early).

Pages

Copyright: The Stitchin' Chicken

Please do not copy/reproduce any content of this blog without permission. Thank you.

Friends who read

Wednesday 11 August 2010

On the Run .

Hi everyone , thanks for all the comments ,and welcome to my new followers , I hope you enjoy seeing my crafty bits and other stuff.
A while ago , I asked if anyone knew where I could get a chart from the film "Chicken Run" , I had no joy , but really wanted to stitch one as ... a wedding sampler . Yes . you did read that right. A friend of my husbands is getting married , and his fiancee is mad on Chicken Run and has a whole collection of stuff ,so I thought it would be a unique gift for them.
So ,the only thing for it was to design my own . I have played about designing bits and bobs here and there , but this is the biggest project so far . I've got two computer designing programmes, but still prefer the good old fashioned way .
So what started out as this : (downloaded from the net )
Became this :
Then this :
And is slowly becoming this :

The wedding is 9th October ,so I have to get the stitching finished at least a couple of weeks before then to allow time for framing. I am feeling the pressure a bit with the deadline , but I'm happy with how it's going . I added a few bits , like the flowers , ring and Ginger will get a garter too , lol. I started stitching last Monday night , but did nothing on it at all Friday , Saturday or this Monday . Tuesday I had all day to stitch as the kids were out with their Grandma and also stayed the night . Yet to see if I get any done tonight though.

Thanks for dropping by , come back soon for pics of an exchange and from our visit to Matlock Bath today .

Take care ,

Cath

17 comments:

Cole said...

Wow, you did such a great job creating this pattern!! I can't wait to see how it stitches up :)

demeter83 said...

Wow, the stitching chicken stitches chickens... sorry, couldn't resist!
It looks fabulous though, you're so talented designing your own like that, I'd never be brave enough! I've only ever used software, and I still haven't worked up the courage to stitch the two charts I've converted!

Mylene said...

Great job, Cath. And you made a very good start too. Goodluck!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Cath
They are going to be thrilled with that. It looks fantastic. You are a beautiful stitcher and now you are a designer too. I look forward to seeing it completed.
Hope you are enjoying Matlock Bath.
Lindsay
x

Theresa said...

Wow!!! you did such a good job on the design!!!! Your friends a going to love it!!!

Jules said...

That is truly an amazing design! I love how you showed your process for designing the piece. I look forward to seeing the finish!!!

nutmegg said...

My goodness how good are you!!!!!....I can't wait to see it finished.

Lonneke said...

Oh, I love that!! You are very good at this! How much fun must it be to stitch your own design. Your friends are going to be so happy with such a unique gift to memorate their special day!

The Button Witch said...

Its absolutely brilliant Cath well done hun Im very impressed Im with you on the old fashioned way I do all my own charting on graph paper and have doen dory from Finding nemo and bart simpson too lol
Happy Stitching Hugs Shellie

Lainey said...

Wow Cath your Chickens look fantastic!! I can;t wait to see the finished piece.

Dawn said...

Brilliant Cath! You are doing a great job there.
It will be a treasured piece of work by your friends I am sure.

Well done!

Hugss
Dawn

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow Cath! That is just so awesome. That is going to be a one of a kind! What a great wedding gift!

♥ Nia said...

Uaaaauuuuuuu :D Or should I say it in english, wooooowwww :D Lol!
Great work you did there! Absolutely amazing!! :))))

Have a great weekend dear!

Bev said...

i cant believe how talented you are, i wouldnt know where to start!, well done on the brilliant progress. Did you pop into Bakewell too, into wye needlecraft. Love Matlock Bath, but parking is a NIGHTMARE!

Blu said...

Wow! Awesome job on the design! You make it look easy, but I bet it was a challenge. Kudos to you.
Your friends will love it.

Meadows08 said...

What a great idea to come up with your own design!

Heidi said...

Wow! This is amazing. Great job!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi