"If you can count the number of projects you have going , you need to begin another, so you have a varied range of complexity from the very simple 'mind-less' ones to those that demand undivided attention." (Laura Early).

Pages

Copyright: The Stitchin' Chicken

Please do not copy/reproduce any content of this blog without permission. Thank you.

Friends who read

Wednesday 17 May 2017

Wet and grey

The weather that is , though I was rather soggy myself after the school run this morning ,lol.
Here we are mid May , and it only seems like yesterday that it was February. I can hardly believe that the kids have this week and next week at school before half term , and then it is the last few weeks before the summer holidays. My son's last year in Primary school starts September , wow.
  Enough of that anyway , before I get all misty eyed ,lol .
I finished my last sign up .
 It was kind of hard to get a good picture, it's one of those that looks better at a slight angle , but hopefully it will go down well.
 Recently finished this as an a/c .
 I have started a Jack Russell for my son, but the chart is not pleasant and I seem to have a bit of a mental block when it comes to stitching for my kids. I don't know why but I seem to put it off all the time and find other things to do . Not good!
  I was tidying my shelf the other day (aka looking for something) and came across this cover kit I'd forgotten all about . It was with Cross Stitcher 315 March 2017 .
 Thanks to my mum , my daughter has started watching Babushka on TV , and has got a bit of a thing about Russian dolls , so I stitched this up for her. It took slightly longer than the two hours it said , but not much and I love it .
 I backed it with some felt to protect the stitches as it was very difficult to run the threads under the back to finish off . Other than getting a sore finger from puling the needle through , it was lovely to stitch .
  So , if anyone has one of these kits that they do not want to use , please let me know , I'd be happy to pay up to £2 plus postage . I'd like to stitch more in different colours or even different patterns and make a collection for my daughter. Thanks .


 I'll leave you with a pic of my boy flaked out on hubbys' trainer  ,lol
Thanks for dropping by ,
 Cath

7 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

Lovely stitching, why do cat's love shoes

Vickie said...

Very nice stitching. Especially the key ring. That is very pretty. Your kitty is so cute!

Mii Stitch said...

Love the Lego Darth Vader stitching!!!

cucki said...

I love your stitching so much and that doll is in my to do list
She is so pretty
Love and hugs x

Julie said...

Two lovely quilt squares and nice gift for DD

Bekah said...

Lovely squares! The lego piece really pops on the fabric.

Astrids dragon said...

Vader looks fantastic! Where did you get the pattern?
The Russian doll is so sweet, I can see why you want to stitch more!
Kitty looks adorable and very comfy.