"If you can count the number of projects you have going , you need to begin another, so you have a varied range of complexity from the very simple 'mind-less' ones to those that demand undivided attention." (Laura Early).

Pages

Copyright: The Stitchin' Chicken

Please do not copy/reproduce any content of this blog without permission. Thank you.

Friends who read

Sunday 14 January 2018

A New Year !

Means time to re-cap .

 So , 2017 was a bit of a flop stitching wise , I had 32 starts and 29 finishes , 21 of which were squares for Love Quilts . No big finishes and not as many small ones as usual. I fell into a bit of a funk towards the end of the year , mainly due to stress and jury duty ,but thankfully things are improving now .
 My Orts for last year :
 My jar was emptied ready to start afresh .

Books read last year came to a grand total of 133 , quite a bit more than previous years but with not as much stitching , I had to be doing something , right? 

  Christmas saw a big enhancement to my book stash .

 And these were purchases from the charity shop  , so I am set for a few weeks ,lol.
I have been busy stitching since the holidays.

   This was started last year , but finished on the 2nd of Jan and is a sign up for Love Quilts.
This one was started 2nd Jan and finished on the 9th , another LQ sign -up. They have both been posted now along with the Green Lantern logo which was originally an a/c square but has since been used for a sign-up.
 After Mickey , I stitched this for my daughter. It was complete , but she's now decided that she wants her name and birth month putting on , but it shouldn't take too long to do .

I love doing my Love Quilts squares but I really do need to start doing more of my own stitching , my stash is languishing and has been for far too long , so I am now stitching on a personal project which is quite different to what I would normally do , but I'm loving it . I will show that next time .

 I did have a teeny bit of stash for Christmas , I ordered it before hand as I knew I would be getting mostly money , so just a few bits. Most of my cash went on new clothes as I have lost over a stone in the last few months and I was getting a bit fed up of my bottoms falling down ,lol .

So , Happy New Year , here's to a year full of stitching , stashing and reading and whatever else you would like .

 Thanks for dropping by ,
 Cath

8 comments:

Justine said...

29 finishes sounds like a great year to me! You must be proud of how many you've donated too.

Rhona said...

What a great total of books read! That's pretty impressive. The love quilts squares a gorgeous.

Vickie said...

Zip, bang, boom! You stitch fast Cath. And such sweet stitching too. Good for you loosing such weight!

Bekca said...

I hope you've had a wonderful start to the New Year Cath, and that 2018 is a better year for you overall. I hope you find time for a personal stitching project, you deserve it :)

Julie said...

Lots of lovely finishes for the love quilts.
Well done Cath on the weight loss.
Nice stash of books, our book group is reading The Coffee Shop of Kabul and some are reading the second one too.
Wishing you a wonderful 2018

Barb said...

I am always so impressed with how generous you are with your stitching!!! I would say you had a very good year.

♥ Nia said...

Woowww!!! Are those books all new to you? You don't need to buy any books for this year, you have enough until next December hahahahah Enjoy your read :D
Lovely to be back and admire your blocks =) always so lovely =)
Happy 2018 sweetie!!!

Daffycat said...

Great book haul! You had so many ORTs! Why don’t you join our TUSAL and show them off? http://itsdaffycat.blogspot.com/2018/01/a-totally-useless-stitch-long.html