"If you can count the number of projects you have going , you need to begin another, so you have a varied range of complexity from the very simple 'mind-less' ones to those that demand undivided attention." (Laura Early).

Pages

Copyright: The Stitchin' Chicken

Please do not copy/reproduce any content of this blog without permission. Thank you.

Friends who read

Thursday 4 March 2010

Orts and olds

Well, I am still stitching , but no new finishes to show as yet. There will be a couple soon , from the Stitch it and Pass it on , as the package has now been received , but I'll wait until they have been shown on that blog first.
See , lots of orts.

I had intended to go into town today , but my car is sulking over the frost , so it's a no go. Hopefully the sun will make it feel a bit better. It really feels as if the next season is on the way , I'm not going to tempt fate by naming names , but you know what I mean. LOL . The last few days have been quite bright and sunny . Though it has still been cold , with good frosts every morning. That I can cope with , it's the wet and white stuff I'm not too keen on.

I have got some new stash to show. More e-bay bargains. I've always admired the Lavender and Lace charts , but never enough to try stitching them if you know what I mean. Now, I do feel more experienced and hopefully patient enough to give them a go. I spotted Enchanted Alphabet a while ago , and put it on my wish list , probably to be my next purchase , and then I saw it on e-bay at a fantastic price. The same person was also selling a couple of others, so I bid ,and won them all

Enchanted Alphabet , Santa of the Forest and Oh Christmas Tree . I've seen Santa of the Forest done , whilst blog hopping (sorry , can't remember where as I hop a lot) and it's lovely. I may or may not stitch Oh Christmas Tree , but it was a bargain anyway , I paid less than £10 for the three inc postage , so I'm happy.

So , I thought I'd show you some of last years finishes that haven't yet made an appearance on here.

This is Bubble , who was started about 5-6 years ago and finished last year , one of my long term UFOs that I rooted out to get done . He only needed his loo roll and b/s doing ,so I was glad to finish.
Miss Pocahontas , started and finished last year , though not continual stitching .
Witzy from Little Suzy's Zoo , these are for my kids. My intention (eventually) is to make them each a patchwork quilt using stitched squares as well ,so these should end up on those.

These are from the RSPCA Perfect Pets series. We did a RR on the charity forum , and the rules are that at least one of your squares has to go for the blankets. I usually send all of mine.

The top one was the first one I stitched , but I loved it so much , I couldn't bear to post it off , so I had to quickly stitch another one lol. then my Son decided he wanted it , so had to stitch another similar one for my Daughter , she likes this one , as the animals are huggling.

Well , that's about all for now.

Just want to say , welcome to my new followers ,and thank you everyone for the comments , I love to get them.

Thanks for dropping by ,

Cath

6 comments:

Lainey said...

Great new stash Cath and a great bargain at those prices. All of those finishes are soooo cute!

Ranae said...

Some very cool patterns there, Cath
And those finishes are all adorable.
Thanks so much for your little Thank You package. I hope you read my blog and see that I received it. It's been so busy crazy around here lately.

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Cath
Those Christmas kits are gorgeous and such an amazing buy. I love all your recent finishes too especially the cute little ducks.
Lindsay
x

Mylene said...

All your finishes last year are so cute, i especially like the 'Miss Pocahontas'!

The Button Witch said...

Fantasic stitching Cath I love them all and well done on your bargains. xxxx

Dawn said...

I have copied you Cath and now have a jar of orts, just for curiosity you know lol. I had never even heard of them before!

Love all your stitching, clever lady :)

Hugss
Dawn