"If you can count the number of projects you have going , you need to begin another, so you have a varied range of complexity from the very simple 'mind-less' ones to those that demand undivided attention." (Laura Early).

Pages

Copyright: The Stitchin' Chicken

Please do not copy/reproduce any content of this blog without permission. Thank you.

Friends who read

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Woolly challenge for SFC.

Hi everyone , Auntie Jane at Stitch for Pleasure , Stitch for Charity has sent out a challenge for knitters and crocheters, so I'm just putting it out on here too . We are looking to receive 1,000 knitted or crocheted squares to be made into blankets and jumpers. The squares can be any colour , any ply as long as they measure 4" x 4". the deadline is 25th December ,and there will be a prize for the person who sends in the most squares. The prize is a knitting bag filled with wool ,needles, hooks and CHOCOLATE !!! If anyone would like to send in squares , please drop me a line and I'll let you have the details for posting . You do not have to be a member of the forum to join in this challenge. If you do send , please enclose a note with your details . Thanks , Cath

6 comments:

mdgtjulie said...

What a great challenge. Makes me wish I could knit or crochet!!!

Jane said...

Happy to help, will send you an email xxx

Carm said...

I knit and crochet both were do we send them

♥ Nia said...

I would love to join! I've been wanting to practice more on my crochet but time is short :p But I might work on it in time to send a piece.. I'll let you know ;)

Wendy said...

Count me in! It will give me a chance to practice some new stitches.

Tracy Dixon said...

Cath I wouldn't mind knitting some squares, as long as I don't need to make them into anything I'm not quite that advanced but I can do squares lol