"If you can count the number of projects you have going , you need to begin another, so you have a varied range of complexity from the very simple 'mind-less' ones to those that demand undivided attention." (Laura Early).

Pages

Copyright: The Stitchin' Chicken

Please do not copy/reproduce any content of this blog without permission. Thank you.

Friends who read

Wednesday 20 November 2013

I've had enough .

Of being ill .

 Yep , I finally came down with the crud. Started last week with a dry throat which quickly turned to a raw throat , inflamed tonsils , swollen glands, croaky voice. Now back to a sore throat but with the added bonus of hacking cough , stuffed up nose , achy everything and not a lot of sleep .

  Adding insult to injury , took the kids to school this morning and arrived home looking as if I'd jumped in a river for a quick splash . AND I'VE JUST REALISED THAT IT IS ONLY FIVE WEEKS UNTIL CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!
 How the heck did that happen ?

So , all in all , feeling quite sorry for myself . Supposed to be having visitors this evening and I feel like crap and definitely do not feel like tidying up etc. Got absolutely nothing at all sorted for Christmas and couldn't feel much less like it if I tried at the moment . So , yup , definitely had enough.

 Ok , moan over . Not done any stitching for the last week as felt too rotten , but prior to this I finished off my daughters' horse and batman logo for the boy , which he has decided need batman and robin adding to it.Thanks son x

 I received a lovely belated birthday gift from my lovely friend Bernadett . Thanks again , I love it .
 Also received a travelling pattern which I hope to crack on with fairly soon .
  These are my two new charts. Just need to sort out threads for them .
 And I started this for a LQUK square . Hoping to do more on this soon . I am loving it , but not felt like doing much of anything lately other than laying on the settee with a couple of blankets and a cat or two .
Thanks for dropping by .
Cath

18 comments:

Chris said...

Feel better soon Cath! Your stitching looks great!

Pull the other thread said...

Poor you, hope you feel better very soon. Love all your stitching that you managed before you got sick.

stitchersanon said...

So sorry to hear you are ill. I hope you get better soon...rest if you can!

Vickie said...

Oh I really like the last piece!

Julie said...

{{great big hugs}} to you Cath.
Can I come share your blanket, I've got it too, started at the weekend feeling a bit off and i'm firmly attached to the tissue box today and hurting all over ... woe is me! and I am definitely not organised much for the C word either. Seems to be the story of my year this year, days just seem to pass me by and no sooner you get up its bedtime again.
I hope your visitors this evening give you a much needed boost and help you to feel a little brighter.
Much love (germ free of course!)
xx

Melissa said...

I hope you're feeling better soon! Stupid flu!

I love all your stitchy goodies :)

IRISH SETTER! I have 2 Irish Setters... just had to say it haha.

Melissa

Dani - tkdchick said...

Sorry to hear your not well, but your finishes are lovely.

Brigitte said...

Oh no, that doesn't sound good. I just hope that you will soon feel better.
Nice finsihes for your kids.

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely stitching and new stash. I hope you feel better soon.

cucki said...

Wow such sweet stitching...
They all so cute❤️
Big hugs x

Catherine said...

Lovely stitches, gifts and goodies!! I do hope you are feeling better!

Barb said...

Sure hope you feel much better very soon. My DH had the same thing and it took awhile to feel better. Your projects look very good!

Barb said...

I am just getting over it Cath,hope it passes just as quick for you. I know what you mean about the C word , I think someone turned the clocks on when we werent looking. Take care sweetie and keep warm ,it is bitter out.

Jane said...

Oh Cath, sorry you feel so rotten at the moment but can understand why when you have all those ailments in one go :( a good moan always helps!
Only 5 weeks 'til Christmas, that's ages, at least that's what I'm telling me as I have done as much as you!
Nice projects for the kiddies, nice stash too and love the doggy stitch.
Take care Cath and hope both you and your week pick up xxx

Bekca said...

I hope you feel much better soon Cath! I hope your stitching is managing to cheer you up even a little :) Thanks for bringing the LK chart My To Do List to my attention. I haven't seen that one before and it's gone straight to the top of my wish list!
Best wishes.

Sally said...

Lots of hugs coming your way Cath. Hope you're feeling much better soon.

Lovely new stash. I have those two L*K charts and I'm hoping to get around to them next year.

Melanie said...

*hugs*
Hope you feel better soon!!! :)

Bernadett said...

Dear Cath,

I am happy that you like my gifts.:)

Hugs.:)