"If you can count the number of projects you have going , you need to begin another, so you have a varied range of complexity from the very simple 'mind-less' ones to those that demand undivided attention." (Laura Early).

Pages

Copyright: The Stitchin' Chicken

Please do not copy/reproduce any content of this blog without permission. Thank you.

Friends who read

Friday 18 August 2017

Squares .

Wow ! Half way through the holidays already. We have had busy times and quiet times , relaxing and fun. Hubby had the second week of the hols off work so we had a couple of lovely days out , and also some r&r at home. Been busy clearing out the kids' rooms (always a summer holiday thing). The boys' is done , and he has a lovely new bed so he's happy.
 The girls' is a work in progress.Yesterday saw 12 bin bags full of teddies going into the loft ,lol.
 Today she has gone off to her friends' for a couple of days. I miss her like mad , but so glad she has finally found the best friend she has always wanted.

  My daughter surprised us on her last day at school , by coming home with another gift card which she received for not only having the most A points in her year , she got the most ever in the school history of giving them . So very proud of her .

Still stitching when I can , but also reading a lot too. Some fabulous books both bought and borrowed from the library.

  I realised last time that I forgot to show one of my LQ squares. This was done between the fairy and the rocket.
 Another Batman , I did the background a different colour this time for a change.
 9 a/c squares altogether.
 And for a change , this one is for my son . Another Jack Russell for his eventual quilt.
 A label finished yesterday.
 I have two more sign ups to do for Love Quilts , then I will be taking a break to do some personal stitching .
 I have also stitched up a couple of free kits from the magazines, but have not yet took pictures , so maybe next time.
 Thanks for dropping by ,
 Cath .xxx

7 comments:

Barb said...

How proud you must be of your DD. She did so very well. I love the stitching you do for the quilts,any child would love to have one. You do deserve some time to stitch for yourself.

Julie said...

Well done to DD, its so nice when young girls find a good friend.
Great stitching you've been doing for the quilts.

stitchersanon said...

Congratulations to you DD! She rocks. Lovely stitching as always. I hope the weather improves before school starts back then you get to have a few more good days out.

Astrids dragon said...

Oh wow, they look amazing! The Jack Russell is so sweet. I'd say you've earned some ME stitching time!

Bekca said...

Hi Cath, I'm back in the blogging world after a very long break. I've really enjoyed catching up with your posts, you've been very busy with your needle! You must be so proud of both of your lovely children, I hope you're all having a wonderful summer holiday.

Von said...

It feels so good to get the bedrooms cleared out now and then! I think you sleep better once it's done. :)

stitchersanon said...

Ew..bedrooms. I love the stitching though. Some very happy children are going to love receiving them!