"If you can count the number of projects you have going , you need to begin another, so you have a varied range of complexity from the very simple 'mind-less' ones to those that demand undivided attention." (Laura Early).

Pages

Copyright: The Stitchin' Chicken

Please do not copy/reproduce any content of this blog without permission. Thank you.

Friends who read

Wednesday 21 November 2018

GAYNOR

So , this is going to be a very hard post to write , which is one of the reasons I've been putting it off .

 Many of you knew our fellow stitcher and blogger Gaynor of Stitchers Anon and if you did , you will have also known of her brave dealings with breast cancer .

 Sadly , Gaynor passed away on 16th September , with her family by her side . She had been in hospital for a while , which is not the way she wanted things to go , but I know she appreciated the care given to her and her family during that time .

  I have "known" Gaynor since before I started this blog, when I used to read her previous blog, where she amused ,entertained and made you think with her clever and articulate posts. Later , I joined a stitch along blog with her and some others to encourage us all to finish our UFOs . Gaynors' cursing at her E-type Jaguar was legendary.

 I started this blog , and we chatted via comments and other bits and bobs , later becoming facebook friends as well and bloggy friends and I got to know her quite well. We lost another friend to breast cancer some years ago , Cathey of the Pumpkin Patch and used to share reminiscences and memories of how lovely she was .
  I was around when Gaynor started designing , have lots of her charts and am very lucky that during one of our exchanges I was given a lovely piece that she designed and stitched . It is something that I will treasure.
 I tried to be a support to Gaynor as she was dealing with her diagnosis . sometimes just letting her know I was there if she needed to talk .

  Gaynor was such a wonderful person ,and an inspiration to me in so many ways. She made me want to be the best person I can be . Even through her tough times , and she had them , despite appearances , Gaynor continued to be there for the people she cared about , often putting her own feelings and needs aside so she could offer support to others .

  Gaynor was a loyal , loving and giving friend. She was clever , funny and quite caustic at some times , but in the nicest possible way. She cared , about people , about animals and about the world , but most of all for her family ,especially her beautiful Granddaughter .
 She was a creative and talented designer , a crafter , a writer (I have both of her Holmsey Hare books), a teacher , a friend a Mum and Grandma and of course a wife . She was a fundraiser ,a campaigner , a warrior when needed and she was so many more things to so many people
and she was an amazing person to know.

 I want to pay tribute to my lovely friend , who I miss every day ,  Gaynor you brightened the world for so many people , you will be missed forever by all who knew you and I am sorry you didn't get the time you wanted , but glad that you are no longer in pain .

  Love you



Cath






7 comments:

Julie said...

A wonderful tribute Cath.
I have some amazing emails that she sent to me and also her book and stitched gifts we exchanged over time. I was one of the first to have a Holmsey Christmas ornament she stitched herself which will adorn my Christmas tree each year. She was such a lovely lady and will be so very sorely missed by a lot of people.
She was an inspiration to us all that no matter what happens, life still goes on and you need to grab it and enjoy each and every moment.
Much love to you {{hugs}} xx

Vickie said...

Thank you Cath. This was a lovely tribute to Gaynor. It was you who first let me know of her passing.

Terri said...

what a wonderful tribute! I didn't know her well, but I did read her blog. I remember the above picture, too, when she wanted to have "get arrested" on her bucket list. :-)

I will miss her too.

Terri Patillo said...

Deepest sympathies on the loss of your friend.

Barb said...

You have given her a lovely memorial! Our blog friends do in fact become real friends! I did not know Gaynor but you have certainly painted a lovely person.

Astrids dragon said...

Such a lovely tribute for your dear friend, Gaynor.
I know I have her wizards chart, I just have to remember where I saved it!

ricketyjo said...

That was a lovely tribute Cath. Thank you.