"If you can count the number of projects you have going , you need to begin another, so you have a varied range of complexity from the very simple 'mind-less' ones to those that demand undivided attention." (Laura Early).

Pages

Copyright: The Stitchin' Chicken

Please do not copy/reproduce any content of this blog without permission. Thank you.

Friends who read

Thursday 1 November 2018

Is it 2019 yet ?

Have to say , I've pretty much had it with this year.

 Earlier in the year , my MIL was poorly and so was Grandma in law , who then passed away . At around the same time , my Grandma had a pretty bad fall which left her shaken and scared to be at home on her own , so she moved into a local nursing home.

  Things were going well ,she settled in and was happy with the situation .

Sadly my Grandma died on the 21st October , very quietly and peacefully with my mum at her side . My Aunt and Uncle and some of their family however , are still on holiday around Australia and New Zealand so it has been a very fraught time trying to make arrangements for when they get back .

Added in to the mix , last year my Daughter pulled her shoulder whilst throwing a javelin at school. The GP practise diagnosed a strain , advised rest and ibuprofen and it improved after a short while. She had problems intermittently over the year until July when she struggled to pull the plug out of the bath and we ended up at A&E.

  Many appointments, x-rays , wrong diagnoses , physio based on the wrong diagnosis and further appointments later , she ended up with an MRI scan with dye injected into her shoulder. Two appointments later ,we still haven't been told what the problem is , but we have an appointment next Thursday afternoon to see an upper limb surgeon , so I'm thinking it's not good. Meanwhile ,she is in constant pain and is unable to use her arm . We have been threatened with fines from school due to low attendance , even though it has been for appointments or because she has been in so much pain she's had little or no sleep and cannot even get dressed.

 So , next Thursday also happens to be the day of my Grandmas funeral , thought it is earlier in the day , so I will be glad when it is over.

  Also , like many others in the blogging community , I have been mourning the loss of a wonderful person , blogger , designer and friend Gaynor French who died of breast cancer. I have struggled to put into words how I have felt , but at some point I will write a post to honour that very special lady who I still miss every single day .

  And , one of my sons' gerbils had a tumour on his tummy , so lots of vets appointments , and surgery followed . Thankfully , I am very please to say that he has made a full and complete recovery and is happily doing everything he has always done.

So , not a lot of anything has been done other than stressing and worrying.

  I did a label for Love Quilts , but it seemed to take forever. I am now taking a break for a while as I just don't have to time ,energy or inclination to do it at the moment.

I want to stitch , but wanting and doing are two very different things . I have finished a free cover kit from a magazine , but haven't got a picture and that is all .

 I am still reading quite a lot , just not updated Goodreads since like forever ,

So until next time , thanks for dropping by ,
Cath

8 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

Take care, 2018 has not been a good year. xxxxx

Vickie said...

Cath, I am sorry so much has been going wrong. I do so hope your daughter gets excellent help with her shoulder.
I had no idea Gaynor died until I just read this. Thank you for telling me. I am so sad.

Chris said...

Gosh you've not a good year, sorry about your grand mother and your grand mother in law, a very sad time for your family. And so sad about Gaynor, she fought for a long time.
Hope 2019 will be a better year for you.
Blessings.

ricketyjo said...

I am so sorry for your losses and that this has been such a tough time for you. I hope that your daughter finds out what's wrong finally and that there's something that can be done to help her. Thinking of you. xx

Julie said...

So many emotional things going on for you Cath.
So sad about Gaynor, she was such an inspirational lady and brought such love and happiness to so many stitching and blogging friends.
I hope the news for your daughter is better than you expect and they can offer help to ease her pain, it's debilitating being in constant pain and awful fir one so young.
Much live and (great big hug) xx

Unknown said...

Wow, you've had a really bad year, I've had a few like it sad to say and it's not easy. All you can do is take it a day at a time and be there for the one's you love when they need you. Next year will be better you will see. Stitching helped me so if you feel like stitching do it, you need your time too.

Barb said...

So sorry to hear about all of your sadness. I will hope the best for you in 2019 and hope your daughter has answers very soon. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Astrids dragon said...

So sorry to hear of your loss, and I hope they figure out things with your daughter very soon.
The label looks lovely. I hope you get your stitching itch back soon.